Monday, March 25, 2013

Ahhh...The Sugar Cookie as a Pallet

The sugar cookie has never been so beautiful. I have to credit my dear departed friend Marie Dorsey for introducing me to the art of the sugar cookie. Marie flew from Wyoming to Virginia twice a year to teach eager students how to create beautiful sugar cookies. 
Since Easter is upon us, I thought I would share this basket of Easter egg cookies created by my friend Marie for Fancy Flours. Aren't these adorable? I just love them. 




These are some examples of Christmas cookies she taught me how to create. 

The favorite design was the Christmas Penguin. 

These moose cookies were created as gifts for a rehearsal dinner. Each cookie was wrapped and tied off with red velvet ribbon. The Christmas cookies are decorated with lemon flavored royal icing. The moose is covered in Chocolate fondant. The fondant is secured with royal icing underneath. 





No comments:

Post a Comment