Monday, March 25, 2013

Giving Recognition Where it is Due

Jessica Harris at Jessicacakesblog.blogspot.com inspired me to update this blog. If you have not visited her blog and you desire to become a cake designer, don't do another thing until you take one of her courses or visit her blog.

My blog has been sitting dormant for a long time while I figure out what to do with my life. For so long I was the "go to" cake shop in Lynchburg. I worked endless hours with my snap staff of amazing artists and my wild and crazy Chef turned pastry chef, Lance Yeatman and it wasn't until I closed the doors that I actually took time to breathe.

I learned a lot from that experience and from what I learned, I know that if I ever opened a new cake store, I would do a lot of things differently. The stories I could tell anyone who even thinks about opening a cake business....

I hope you will read my blog and enjoy the cake photographs. If you live in Montecito, please see my friend Katie Teal at Montecito Confections. She is one hard working woman and her cakes are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment